Administrator / Accounts Assistant
Location: Basildon, Essex
Salary: £20,000 – £23,000 per annum
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
Job Reference: CM889271
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Do you have experience in administration and accounts?
Our client is a Global-leading equipment provider based in Basildon, Essex.
Main duties: (including and not limited to)
• Assisting the Group HSE Manager the administration and routine checks, which will include: Fire alarm test & yearly drill, checking of fire doors & extinguishers, arranging warehouse equipment inspections, Contractor control, COSHH register, HSE Induction for new employee’s as directed by Manager.
• IOSH training will be provided to right candidate if necessary so an interest in this field is essential
• Answering telephone calls
• Checking the finance email inbox and printing/distributing invoices and statements or raising other enquiries to line manager
• Assisting with administration of the Fleet vehicle insurances/MOT/Services/checks as required
• Greeting of visitors and providing refreshments as required.
• There may be Director level PA arrangements to be made i.e.: meetings, travel etc.
• General office Administration within the office and finance dept.
Accounts Assistant – 50%
• Processing of Supplier purchase invoices – dealing with or raising queries to line manager onto Defacto and Softrader systems (training will be provided)
• Matching delivery notes and quotations to invoices
• Checking of Supplier statements and dealing with or escalating queries/discrepancies to line manager
• Logging and sending / emailing Customer sales invoices via DHL, Royal Mail and email
• Credit check reports for Customer and Supplier accounts
• Posting of customer bank receipts onto Defacto system
• Assisting with monthly credit card administration
• Assisting with overtime record keeping for payroll
• Record keeping for finance dept. and filing
• Previous administration and accounts / office experience gained within a professional environment
• Numerate and an interest in Accounts
• Interest in Health Safety and Environment with the ability to record accurate data
• Ability to carry out a task from start to finish and re-visit to ensure completion
• MS Office and Excel previous experience
Please note: Own transport preferred due to location (limited public transport available)
Due to the high response received for some vacancies, we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position, please contact Claire Murrell at Adore Recruitment.
Adore Commercial is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in commercial recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Sales Administrator, Call Centre Agent, Customer Service Specialist, PA/Secretarial, Receptionist Service Co – ordinator, Operations Assistant, Productions Administrator, Import/Export Clerk, Finance Manager, Compliance Assistant, Event Managers, Procurement/Purchasing and Facilities Manager. We are acting as an employment business/agency.
Offered Salary£20,000 - £30,000