Head of Buying Food/Non – Food
Location: Basildon, Essex
Salary: £45,000 depending on experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Reference: LA871137
Our client is looking for an experienced Head of Buying to source and develop relationships with suppliers to meet the Company’s operational requirements. This includes supplier selection, negotiation and cost estimating.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Accountabilities (personal area of control, where you own decision making and the results)
- Build and develop productive working relationships with suppliers to enable a more formal and sustainable trading relationship
- Fulfil the stock requirement to achieve budgeted sales (value, mix of stocks etc.)
- Own the mix of saleable products and categorise level stock
- Work in partnership with the sales senior team to ensure they have the correct information to sell (with attention to pre-sales and displays)
- Lead the growth of our clients supply base (net new business growth year on year) by reducing lapsed and declining accounts, while increasing supply base and delivering growth through existing suppliers
- Ensure SOP are created, understood, followed and reviewed regularly so processes are effective.
- Set aside sufficient time set for continuous personal development
- 121’s, account planning sessions and performance reviews with direct reports, with development plans created for talent and poor performance managed
Responsibilities (you have a duty to carry out but ultimate decision making is owned by somebody else)
- Ensure that buying strategies are implemented and processes are in place to consistently meet our clients budgeted margin and sales targets. Lead monthly planning sessions with the team to drive delivery of and plan to meet targets
- Effectively manage internal stakeholders in Sales and Operations departments to ensure business targets are met
- Work collaboratively with finance to deliver improvements in net trading terms year on year (excluding new business development with key suppliers)
- Monitor, review and contribute towards the cashflow forecast to ensure maintenance of cash headroom
- Implement and champion the people plan to ensure our people are developed, valued and engaged
- Ensure the authority matrix process on all commercial agreements is followed
- Any other reasonable duties requested by your manager to successfully complete the role
Due to the high response, if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
For more information on or any other roles, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Please note, you will be required to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
Adore Engineering and Construction is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in Engineering and Construction recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Skilled Trades & Labour, Estimators, Quality Engineers, CNC Operatives, Mechanical Fitter, Electrical Engineers, Automotive Engineers, Maintenance Engineers/FM, HVAC Engineers, Design (CAD) Engineers and Health and Safety Consultants. We are acting as an employment business/specialist agency.
Offered Salary£30,000 - £50,000