HGV Driver – Class1
Location: Stanford – Le – Hope, Essex
Salary: £30,000 to £43,000 per annum
Position Type: Permanent
Job Reference: LA828993
Our client is looking for an HGV Fuel Tanker Driver to manage the deliveries of products to our client’s customers in full compliance to legislation and site licence requirements, based in Essex.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to the Transport Manager Co-ordinator for the efficient operation of any of the heavy goods vehicles
- Maintain the cleanliness of any vehicles driven
- Report any defects on the vehicle driven to the Transport Manager
- Operate the vehicle in the most fuel-efficient manner
- Ensure the vehicle driven is fuelled up to its capacity at the end of each shift
- Correctly hand over to the oncoming driver, highlighting any problems encountered with the vehicle
- To work in the best interest of the company in dealings with customers and the general public
- Show due consideration to other road users
- Comply with driver’s hours regulations
- Accurately complete and submit Daily Vehicle Defect sheet and submit to Transport Co-ordinator
- Correctly complete the daily management and weekly timesheet
- Carry out any other relevant duties assigned by the Transport Co-ordinator
- Extra duties will include working on site unloading and reloading ISO and road tankers when No driving duties allows
- EU Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive Requirements
- Tank Operations, not essential, as training will be provided
Due to the high response, if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
For more information on this position or any other roles, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Please note, you will be required to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
Adore Engineering and Construction is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in Engineering and Construction recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Skilled Trades & Labour, Estimators, Quality Engineers, CNC Operatives, Mechanical Fitter, Electrical Engineers, Automotive Engineers, Maintenance Engineers/FM, HVAC Engineers, Design (CAD) Engineers and Health and Safety Consultants. We are acting as an employment business/specialist agency.
Offered Salary£30,000 - £50,000