Ocean & Air Customs Documentation Clerk
Salary: £22,000 – £25,000
Job Reference: LA968195
A leading independent freight forwarder renowned and respected throughout the industry for the professional & reliable service they offer a multitude of import services across Europe, from full load trailers to single cartons
- Completing day to day Customs Clearing and entries for all air, sea and road freight shipments. Create, manage and maintain the correct documentation as each case progresses.
- To complete customs declarations, to ensure that all clearance processes (Import and Export) are completed in a compliant & timely manner.
- To provide professional and effective administration support to the Customs Clearing / Multimodal Team.
- Maintain Data input accuracy. Deal with customer enquiries in writing, in person or by phone providing accurate advice and estimates when required.
- Telephone and/or written communication with external organisations e.g. HMRC, Port Authorities, Shipping Lines, Hauliers etc.
- Obtain necessary Bill of Ladings and correct Tariff Headings. Obtain payments from customers in line with company policy.
- Calculating Duty / VAT cost for each consignment
- Processing Import/Export declarations
- Dealing with general enquiries from importers / exporters, Internal & external sources concerning all areas, relating to Customs Procedures, Tariff Classifications, Duty Rates and any other documentation requirements
- Keeping up to date with changes in regulations, laws and customs procedures
- Work with different departments in multiple locations to prepare a complete list of Jobs (Shipments requiring customs entries) for the day
- Post holder will cross trained to provide cover for other departments if needed
- Experience in a similar role would be advantageous, however full training will be given.
- HMRC – Customs declarations experience, Imports and exports.
- Knowledge of customs declarations will be advantageous. Ideally gained the experience within freight forwarding or logistics business.
- ‘Attention to detail’ is extremely very important to ensure the business is compliant and passes HMRC audits, including risk identification and mitigation.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to keep all relevant departments within the company on the same page regarding the customs declarations for the day’s shipments.
- Experience of checking and processing all relevant documentation for the shipments.
- Understanding of different customs procedures and the requirements.
- Special working conditions:
- Although core working hours are 9.00.a.m. to 5.30.p.m. Monday – Friday with not more than one hour for lunch, a flexible approach to working hours is essential due to the nature and needs of the Business.
Due to the high response received for some vacancies we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position please contact Lisa Attawia at Adore Recruitment
Offered Salary£20,000 - £30,000