Sea Freight Manager
Salary: £34,000 to £35,000 pa
Job Reference: KB864779
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Sea Freight Manager to join a very successful shipping company in Basildon.
This is a challenging role, requiring the right candidate to have proven managerial experience.
Managing a very busy general Ocean Freight department.
Hours of Work – Monday – Friday 08.30h – 17.30h – 40 hours Per week – One-hour unpaid lunch
- Assist the Head of UK Air and Ocean in the execution of their duties
- Manage the day to day workflow of department staff measuring activities
- Always maintain excellent customer and inter-departmental relationships
- Complete all import/export jobs correctly
- Complete all customs import/export declaration forms correctly
- Always maintain and utilise the operational system
- Maintain regular communication with sales teams reporting new sales leads
- Create new and maintain current SOPs for the department
- Communicate quotations to Head of Air & Ocean/Sales team within two hours of receipt
- Implement and improve new efficiencies in customer workflow
- Ensure all reports are generated by given deadlines
- Before release ensure all goods are approved for delivery via finance team
- Ensure all departments invoicing is completed within 48 hours of activity
- Follow up late customer payments in conjunction with credit control
- Ensure insurances are charged correctly and any insurance claims are handled in accordance with the company policy procedures
- Provide holiday and sickness cover as required
- Extensive Freight Forwarding, both export & import sea freight experience
- Must be a team player and demonstrate experience of managing a team
- High level attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to prioritise and organise own workload
- Must have commercial awareness
- Must be flexible with their working hours
- UK Death in Service three times your annual salary after successfully completing six months’ service,
- After successfully completing one year’s service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- After successfully completing one year’s service company contributions increase for the Group personal Pension Plan.
- Free carpark with allocated company spaces (based on a first come basis) and an adjacent public highway partly with non-parking restrictions.
- The Basildon Leisure Centre is close by which has a swimming pool and gym facilities.
Due to the high response received for some vacancies we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position please contact Kylie at Adore Recruitment.
Offered Salary£30,000 - £50,000