Job Type Senior Engineer
Job Reference: LA981872
The UK’s Premier Karting Venues with unrivalled hospitality facilities.
An amazing opportunity has become available for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the best outdoor go-kart venue in the South of England.
This incredible venue attracts huge numbers of celebrities & motorsports enthusiasts, from go-karting beginners to serious enthusiasts alike, keen to experience its challenging courses.
You will be responsible for assisting in all matters relating to technical and safety aspects of the Engineering facility. In the absence of the Head of Engineering/Assistant Head of Engineering to supervise the team of engineers to ensure the fleet of karts are available to meet the needs of the business to the standards required.
- To ensure that the appropriate maintenance and repairs are carried out on the GO-KART fleet.
- To ensure that all vehicles are maintained to manufacturers specification or an internal specification (if set).
- To ensure that the correct number of go-karts are present at the required location or activity in a clean and serviceable condition as determined by the needs of the business.
- To ensure that the engineering team is motivated to carry out their duties to the very best of their ability so that high standards of safety, cleanliness and tidiness are achieved.
- To ensure the team provides a safe and smooth service to all activity operations seven days per week.
- To ensure that when appropriate the company complies with all its contractual obligations with any manufacturer supplier of vehicles or other components.
- To be aware of the Health and Safety policy and to ensure that it is implemented.
- To ensure the workshop is clean and properly always maintained.
- To ensure that all worksheets and company records are completed in an accurate and timely manner and up to date as the work is completed.
- To ensure that any paperwork is processed in accordance with the correct procedures and completed neatly and accurately to ensure that due diligence practices are complied with.
- To assist in the operation of the stores system and be responsible for keeping stock up to a minimum level to maintain the vehicles.
- To participate in a duty Rota that ensures that a member of the Engineering Team is on site when there is any on or off-track activity. In addition, the rota will reflect the need for early starts and late finishes as required by the needs of the business.
- To assist with the maintenance of the venue to ensure that this is maintained to the highest standards.
To ensure that all equipment and machinery provided for your use is:
- Used as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Used in conjunction with the appropriate safety clothing/protection.
- Stored in a safe place when not in use.
- Maintained on a regular basis with faults reported immediately to the Operations Manager.
- Have mechanical experience within the corporate / race kart or motorsport sectors.
- Be flexible and able to work evenings & weekends in addition to weekdays.
- Be able to train & develop staff quickly and effectively.
- Be highly motivated with the ability to motivate others.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be able to manage a busy workshop ensuing the customer’s needs are meet at all times.
- Ensure that the karts are maintained to the highest standards of safety.
- Must work unassisted and ensure all targets are met without fail.
- Must ensure problems are solved first time to the best of your abilities as well as quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure all paperwork is kept up to date daily ensuring it is filled out correctly daily.
- Must show excellent mechanical and engineering skills.
- Must show excellent stock control skills to ensure minimum stock levels are maintained during our busy periods.
- Must always control and work with a budget.
- Must show good IT skills.
- Must show excellent project management skills.
- Have own tools and be willing to purchase any tools required to carry out daily maintenance on the karts.
- Must ensure all budgets are followed not using the budget figure as a spend figure ensure that we are under budget each month without compromising safety or customer satisfaction.
For more information, please contact Lisa on 01268 971 950.
Offered Salary£15,000 - £20,000