Supply Chain Manager – Distribution
Location: Basildon, Essex
Position Type: Permanent
Job Reference: SC851071
Do you have experience of managing process throughout the supply chain, ideally within a Logistics/Distribution environment?
Are you looking to work with a prestigious, market leading International business giving the very best solution in their marketplace?
Our Client is the leader provider of logistics/freight solutions across key business verticals in both public and private sectors. They are currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager to join the leadership team, based mainly in the Essex office but with visits to the 4 regional Offices.
The primary responsibility will be to plan, develop, optimize, organise, direct, manage and evaluate the complete supply chain process.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Always maintain high standards of personal Quality, Health & Safety and professionalism, and actively promote all Company policies and procedures
- Organise all activities to minimise risk to operatives, other contractors, staff and members of the public, including discouraging horseplay and restraining others from taking risks
- At all times represent the company in the best possible light
- Report all Near Miss & Potential Incidents to your Line Manager, abide by all company and statutory Health & safety requirements
- Lead and manage production planning, customer service, purchasing, inventory control, forecasting, warehousing, transportation and other areas are required
- Develop analytics, systems and data management capabilities, including systems, standards of measurement and reports
- Direct, coordinate, assign, monitor, review the work of individuals engaged in supply chain related duties
- Understand customers’ needs service those needs, and maintain and develop positive business relationships with a customer’s key personnel involved in or directly relevant to supply chain activities
- Manage vendor relationships (e.g. third party logistics)
- Collaborate with staff, other departments, senior management, and decision makers to share information, problem solve, and to clarify management objectives
- Oversee organization wide management of strategic sourcing, procurement, contracting, and evaluation of services.
- Coordinate the sales and operations planning process including supply / demand forecasting, inventory management and on time delivery.
- Develop annual plans with prioritization and resourcing
- Develop and / or participate in the development of the supply chain strategy for the organization
- Develop and implement contract management and procurement frameworks, sourcing strategies, negotiate agreements, draft and mange contracts
- Monitor and analyse current trends in the marketplace
- Keep informed of advances in supply chain technology and approaches, and apply within the organization to improve supply chain process
- Direct and manage corporate governance and regulatory compliance
- Identify and manage risk within the supply chain
- Address tactical and strategic supply chain issues
- Establish key performance indicators, monitor ongoing performance, and improve performance against set goals
- Develop and implement new systems, best practices, and other optimizations to grow the business
- Develop and implement profit improvement plans change management plans
- Communicate value, business goals and represent the organization to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage contractor and subcontractor activities, reviewing proposals, developing performance specifications, and serving as a liaison with the organizations
- Support and development of supply chain business training materials ad technical manuals
- Identify potential projects to deliver changes and improvements to supply chain and commission select projects
- Develop management and project reports
- Develop and deliver oral presentations
- Develop tools and technology – computer hardware and associated software (database reporting, database user interface and query, electronic data interchange (RFID, bar code technology) management systems, resource planning, human resources, accounting electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, transportation route planning, flowchart and presentation – personal digital assistant or organizers, communications devices
Due to the high response, if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
For more information on this position or any other roles, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Please note, you will be required to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
Adore Sales & Marketing is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in sales and marketing recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Telesales, Internal Sales, External Sales, Rec2Rec, Media Sales, Team Leaders, IT/Telecom Sales, Engineering/Technical Sales, Marketing Executives, Business Development Manager, National Account Manager, Key Account Managers, Sales Management and Senior Appointments. We are acting as an employment business/agency.