Job Role: Transport Planner
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Salary: Up to £26,000/annum (DOE)
Hours: 8am-5:30pm Monday to Friday
With a fleet of over 40 vehicles and more than 4,000 portable toilets across multiple depots, the role involves working in our Service Operations group, planning transport routes and allocating toilet services, deliveries and collections to our Service teams using our planning software tools.
As one of a team of Transport Controllers, you will report to the Operations Manager. You will manage the transport activities of service drivers, controlling their activity each day to maintain the highest levels of customer service.
This will involve working with our sales and customer service teams, as well as depot managers, to resolve issues as they arise and ensure completion of work in accordance with company policy.
- Minimum 1 year experience in similar role/environment.
- Transport and logistics sector experience preferable.
- Must be IT literate and able to use tools such as Word, Excel etc.
- Good administrative competence essential.
- An adaptable customer-oriented attitude is required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, and to prioritise tasks as needed.
- Can work confidently using own initiative, with a flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please note: Due to the location of our offices, your own transport is necessary for this role.
- 20 days per annum holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Workplace Pension Scheme (NEST) after a three-month employment.
If you’re interested then apply now, send your cv to email@example.com to be considered for this role. For more information please call 01268971950.