Job Type: Accounts Assistant
Job Reference: LA981892
A leading independent freight forwarder
Adore Recruitment are working with a well-established exciting Freight company with a global presence. A leading independent freight forwarder renowned and respected throughout the industry for the professional & reliable service they offer a multitude of import services across Europe, from full load trailers to single cartons.
- All procedures connected with Proof of Deliveries
- Dealing with internal & external customers by phone & email
- Logging and chasing new clients & suppliers
- Insurance Claims as per the Insurance manual
Proof of Deliveries
- Sort, scan, attach to FMS (Freight Management System) shipment details
- Source PODS (Proof of Deliveries) from supplier’s websites
- Request PODS on request
- Meeting the individual needs of clients in regards for their demands on PODS
New suppliers & clients
- Adding new clients and suppliers to our FMS and our accounts package (Sage) & relevant spreadsheets,
- Advise person who requested this of the new customer & supplier codes.
- Follow up customer and suppliers for the completed form.
- Request trade references and a credit report print out when the form has been returned.
- When the relevant details are obtained pass the file on to MD so credit limit can be agreed.
- Writing to client confirming terms of credit.
Log claim, send insurance reserve letter to haulier’s holding them responsible, if claim becomes viable then forward onto our claims handler so they can raise a claim, if they require further information to request this from the relevant parties and send onto claims handler until a settlement is reached or claim is disputed. Deal with as prescribed in the Insurance manual.
- To pass supplier invoices
- Raise invoice query forms where required
- Update information spreadsheet
- Post out things in the postal tray
- File passed supplier invoices/ statement.
- If time permits help out other staff within the organisation
Any other relevant comments:
- The hours are 09.00 – 17.30h Mon – Fri.
- You will be expected to embrace the core values of the organisation with utmost professionalism, flexibility and teamwork and to adhere to company rules and values.
- You will be expected to contribute to the enhancement and reputation of the organisation.
For more information, please contact Lisa Attawia at Adore Recruitment on 01268 971 950.
Offered Salary£20,000 - £30,000