Job Type: Assistant Head Engineer
Job Reference: LA981873
The UK’s Premier Karting Venues with unrivalled hospitality facilities.
To assist the Head of Engineering to manage all engineering functions for the venue in line with company policy/ guidelines. To oversee the safe and smooth running of the workshop. To deputise in the absence of the Head of Engineering.
- To assist the Head of Engineering in all matters relating to technical and safety aspects of the Venue’s engineering facility. To supervise, in the absence of the Head of Engineering, the team of mechanics to ensure that vehicles are available to meet the needs of the business to the standards required.
- To assist in ensuring activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health & safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies, and general duty of care.
- The post holder must respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in line with the Data Protection Act.
- The post holder must accept responsibility for ensuring that the policies and procedures relating to Health & Safety in the workplace are always adhered to and report any failure of issues to the Head of Engineering.
- To ensure that at all times the job holder has a full awareness of the company’s customer care goals and to use their best endeavours to ensure they are implemented through their own actions and attitude, by example, entering into the team spirit, have a friendly, approachable, and polite manner, and anticipating customer’s requirements.
- The post holder is directly responsible to the venue’s Head of Engineering or in his absence, the General Manager and the Group Head of Engineering Manager and must consult with them in regard to all major issues and changes.
- To assist the Head of Engineering in managing and developing staff by ensuring that the engineering team are motivated to carry out their duties to the very best of their ability so that high standards of safety, cleanliness and tidiness are achieved.
- Monitor performance (in relevant areas) according to agreed standards and take necessary action to communicate/advise/assist according to performance levels.
- To participate in a duty rota that ensures that a member of the Engineering Team is always on site when there is any on or off-track activity. In addition, the rota will reflect the need for early starts and late finishes as required by the needs of the business.
- To help the Head of Engineering to ensure that the team shift system is operational ensuring that every member of the team does an equal number of early/late shifts
- The post holder must always carry out their responsibilities with due regard to the organisations Equal Opportunities statement.
- To ensure the team provides a safe and smooth service to all activity operations seven days per week.
- To assist the Head of Engineering with the operation of the stores system and to assist the keeping of stock to the agreed level especially by reporting stock levels and issues to the head of engineering in a timely manner.
- To ensure the workshop is clean, and properly always maintained.
- To ensure that all worksheets and company records are completed in an accurate and timely manner and up to date as the work is completed.
- To ensure that any paperwork is processed in accordance with the correct procedures and completed neatly and accurately to ensure that due diligence practices are complied with.
- To ensure that all vehicles are maintained to manufacturers specification or an internal specification (if set).
- To ensure that the appropriate maintenance and repairs are carried out on the company vehicles as required.
- To ensure that the correct number of vehicles are present at the required location or activity in a clean and serviceable condition as determined by the needs of the business.
To ensure that all equipment and machinery provided for your use is:
- Used as per the manufacturer’s guidance.
- Used in conjunction with the appropriate safety clothing/protection.
- Stored in a safe place when not in use.
- Maintained on a regular basis with faults correctly dealt with and reported to the head of engineering
- To assist with the maintenance of the venue as and when requested, to ensure that this is maintained to the highest standards.
- To help as far as is practicable possible to assist with any other reasonable requested duties that are required for the smooth running of the venue and company.
- A self-driven and results oriented person with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
- An eye for detail is essential and a pride in their work that is projected to the whole team.
- Well presented, friendly and professional.
- Keen for new experiences, responsibility, and accountability.
- Ability to communicate with others as well as being a team player.
Specific Job Skills:
- Mechanical experience is essential as a basic understanding of engineering principles.
- Must be able to understand the importance of correct maintenance and the increasing need to ensure this is correctly recorded.
- Ability to communicate and motivate via verbal and written media.
- Must have people supervisory skills and be able to communicate clearly.
- Familiarity with the nature of the business.
- Clean or near clean driving license.
A basic working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and the Internet.
Staff supervisory experience is required, as are the skills to motivate and set a positive example to a small team of engineers.
For more information on this position please contact Lisa at Adore Recruitment on 01268 971 950.
Offered Salary£20,000 - £30,000