Salary: £25,000 – £28,000
Sector: Catering & Hospitality
Job Reference: MP887372
Our client is a large dynamic, independent civil engineering company with over 25 years’ experience in every aspect of traditional and contemporary civil engineering work. In their brand new office on the outskirts of Chelmsford they are looking for a catering manager to support their internal catering requirements for their staff meals. Breakfast and lunch covers will be around 40/50 a day with all fresh food and bespoke weekly menus.
This opportunity is perfect for an experienced chef who is looking for their first managerial role. You will have the freedom and expectation to design and create your own menu’s taking into account your client’s dietary needs and expectations. The candidate will be responsible for food and beverage preparation, stock control, health and safety, managing bookings for events and also be responsible for a small team. This role offers the freedom and company benefits such as access to their gym and other internal facilities.
Key roles include ensuring food hygiene levels are kept high and best practices are followed throughout the kitchen and service areas and that all food and drink orders are prepared to a high standard.
- Recruit, develop and lead the team to ensure quality, consistency and engagement
- Design and package seasonal campaigns, managing product offer to maximise sales
- Oversee all food hygiene and health and safety across the operations
- Oversee events and promote services to event bookers
- Create and manage stock control systems
- Proactively manage social media channels
- Oversee food offer
- Manage issues and risk and implement change when necessary to achieve outcomes
- Report to the board monthly with updates
- Oversee all machinery and branding requirements
- Act as a role model for brilliant service and build relationships with customers to maximise sales and profitability
- Ensure excellent communication and training across team
- Diary management & multitasking to ensure all objectives are achieved
- Meeting targets and KPI’s as set out by the directors
- Forecast and track key metrics to enable team to run effectively
- Develop strategies for continued growth in line with overall business objectives
- Be reliable, punctual and self-motivate
- Have a great attitude and strong work ethic
- Previous experience in a kitchen or general assistant role
- Bubbly and energetic attitude and good interaction with guests
- Good time keeping and communication
- To be able to finish the work load in the timeframe provided
Due to the high response received for some vacancies we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position please contact Matt Paternoster at Adore Recruitment.
Offered Salary£20,000 - £30,000