Chemical Technician – Blending
Location: Stanford – Le – Hope, Essex
Salary: £22,000 to £26,000 per annum
Position Type: Permanent
Job Reference: LA821347
Our client is a speciality chemical company and are looking for a Chemical Technician to manually mix niche fuel blends. This will involve selecting and weighing out the appropriate chemicals, pour and mixing as required and supporting in QC tests. You will also support the lab in maintaining housekeeping standards.
This role operates on a shift basis rotating on a weekly basis as below:
Early Shift: 5am – 1pm Late Shift: 1pm – 9pm Night Shift: 9pm – 5am
Work with Shift Leader to ensure safe, efficient and accurate execution of:
• Tanker receipts and despatches
• Blending and product movement operations
• Housekeeping standards (including waste fuel handing, general tidiness, stock rotation)
• Equipment care standards (looking after the kit, use of MRS)
• Undertake appointed role/responsibility within the ERP
• Assist in other scheduled and ad-hoc duties to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the site
Key Skills Required:
• Organised and efficient, with great attention to detail around product names, batch codes and specifications
• Good arithmetic, literacy and IT are essential (Word/Excel)
• Good communicator with the ability to interpret work instructions and carry them out effectively, as well as the ability to provide feedback and updates on work in progress
• Ability to work under pressure with changing priorities in a physically demanding role
• Strong work ethic with a can-do attitude
• BTEC or equivalent in Chemistry
• Experience in mixing/blending chemicals
• Experience in handling and mixing liquids
• Experience in hydrocarbons, fuels, lubricants or oils – preferred but not essential
Due to the high response, if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
For more information on the Bending Operative or any other roles, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Please note, you will be required to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
Adore Engineering and Construction is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in Engineering and Construction recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Skilled Trades & Labour, Estimators, Quality Engineers, CNC Operatives, Mechanical Fitter, Electrical Engineers, Automotive Engineers, Maintenance Engineers/FM, HVAC Engineers, Design (CAD) Engineers and Health and Safety Consultants. We are acting as an employment business/specialist agency.
Offered Salary£20,000 - £30,000