Salary: £45,000 – £48,000
Job Reference: LA939563
Are you a strong Promoter of Compliance to all Health & Safety and emergency policies and procedures?
If so, this is an excellent opportunity to join an ever-expanding business, working directly beneath a highly regarded Operations Director ensuring the company and employees meet regulatory requirements.
I am looking for a COMAH environment experienced Compliance Officer who as a proven experience of developing, maintaining, and administering an ISO compliance, a passion for setting company policy for the recognition and adoption of applicable statutory regulations and ISO standards.
My client operates a world-class custom bonded facility specialising in bespoke fuels blending and storage services. They provide a responsive, quality service focused on their customer’s needs providing specialised fuel blends backed by technical support and in-depth experience.
My client operates a world-class custom bonded facility specialising in bespoke fuels blending and storage services. They provide a responsive, quality service focused on their customer’s needs providing specialised fuel blends backed by technical support and in-depth experience
Maintain the company’s Environmental and Quality Management System (EQMS) and ensure on-going compliance with accredited ISO9001, 14001 and 45001 standards
Manage day-to-day operation of the company’s compliance program:
- Develop and maintain company policy in relation to compliance assurance.
- Identify areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of identified or potential issues.
- Collaborate with other functional areas in the investigation and resolution of compliance issues.
- Drive a program of continuous improvement and exercise authority in implementing necessary actions to ensure overall compliance with ISO standards and applicable legislation.
Develop and carry out internal compliance audit assurance program:
- Review and set policy and scope for internal audits.
- Lead internal audits and compliance assurance reviews with relevant personnel.
- Facilitate and host external audits with assessors acting for the certified accreditor.
- Ensure non-conformances and opportunities for improvement are appropriately actioned and recorded.
Management of site accident, incident and near-miss reporting and investigation process, leading the close out of improvement actions in accordance with the requirements of ISO standards and in support of the company’s SMS and MAPP.
Manage and maintain the company’s legal register
- Remain abreast of existing legislation, regulations and recommendations by authorities and governing bodies which impact on the company’s area of business.
- Evaluate the impact of change, ensuring that the company is well placed to meet new requirements in a timely manner.
Provide guidance and mentoring to the HSE Advisor to support and facilitate compliance against applicable company policies
- Management of site risk assessments and OHS obligations
- Audit of PTW, MOC, CDM and other risk control processes
- Scheduling, design and facilitation of emergency response training through tabletop reviews and live exercises
- Upkeep of company’s COSHH risk assessments system
- Undertaking review and gap analysis of HSE and industry code of best practice i.e HSG and COP publications
- Management and upkeep of company training records • Meticulous planning capability and a proactive approach to managing a compliance program.
- Ability to communicate complicated compliance issues at all levels of the organisation.
- Presents a constructive, positive and pro-active attitude to matters concerning health, safety, quality and the environment
- Ability to build rapport across departmental boundaries to develop a genuine relationship of mutual respect.
- Ability to lead and influence without formal authority to enable effective enforcement of company policies and legislative requirements.
Experience / Skills Requirements
- Proven experience of developing, maintaining and administering an ISO compliance system.
- COMAH environment experience preferable.
- Advanced IT skills for data management, reporting and system administration.
- Recognised internal auditing training / qualification for ISO9001, 14001 and 45001.
- NEBOSH qualified or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience of applicable legislation
Performance Measurement Criteria
Clean external audit outcomes, with no instances of minor or major non-conformances recorded.
- Remedial actions arising from audits satisfied within prescribed timescales.
- Timely and efficient renewal of ISO accreditations.
- Adherence to company policy for reporting and investigation of HSE incidents, accidents or injuries to personnel and near-misses.
- No instances of serious and/or reportable incidents, accidents or injuries to personnel.
Due to the high response received for some vacancies we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position please contact Lisa Attawia at Adore Recruitment.
Offered Salary£30,000 - £50,000