Job Type: Credit Controller
Job Reference: LA981894
About the company:
Our client is a leading independent freight forwarder who is renowned and respected throughout the industry for their professional & reliable service. They offer a multitude of import services across Europe, from full load trailers to single cartons.
Credit Controller – Sales Ledger
Adore Recruitment are pleased to present an excellent opportunity within a Growing Freight Forwarding organisation based in Essex. They are looking to bring on a proven, experienced Credit Controller to join the business in a broad-based Credit Control / Sales Ledger role.
- Credit Control
- Answering Phone calls,
- Logging new clients and obtaining information to prepare evidence to offer a credit limit
- Sending statements and copy invoices to clients monthly or on request
- Log receipt of payments daily
- Checking on Internet banking daily to ascertain all payments received
- Liaise with clients by phone (as first point of contact) & email to ensure payments on outstanding invoices are made with in the terms of credit agreed
- Logging all communication on Sage and diarising follow ups as agreed
- Log sales invoice queries by using “Pink forms” and chase the Operations Dept. until resolved
- Answer calls within 3 rings
- Deal with any Credit control enquiry appropriately
- Transfer to the relevant person, if not a Credit Control enquiry and if not possibly take a message and relay to the correct person so they can return the call
- Adding new clients to our FMS and our accounts package (Sage) & relevant spreadsheets
- Advise person who requested this of the new customer codes
- Follow up customer for the completed form
- Request trade references and a credit report; print out when the form has been returned
- When the relevant details are obtained pass the file on to MD so credit limit can be agreed
- Writing to client confirming terms of credit
- Other Responsibilities:
- Banking duties – making payments to suppliers when needed
- Update information spreadsheet
- Post out things in the postal tray
- Any other accounting task, including admin, that needs undertaking
Any other relevant comments:
- You will be expected to embrace the core values of the organisation with utmost professionalism, flexibility and teamwork and to adhere to company rules and values.
- You will be expected to contribute to the enhancement and reputation of the organisation
- Should the need arise to be able to work from home
If you are looking for your next opportunity to work for a highly professional and respected company, where results are rewarded well and be part of a global network of driven and dynamic individuals then APPLY NOW!
As a specialist in this area of Recruitment I would love to add you to my Network to share with you more opportunities like this!
Offered Salary£15,000 - £25,000