Are you a Chartered or time served Engineering Manager who is looking for your next career move?
This position would suit an Engineering Manager with a strong background in compliance, Maintenance and hands on experience ensuring operations are safe, efficient, reliable and in compliance with all established contracts, agreements, policies, laws
You will Lead the Engineering and maintenance function for the company’s operational assets – ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Define and implement a maintenance strategy, aligned with a defined AIMS policy and in accordance with pre-determined budgets.
- Together with the OD, define CAPEX project strategy to meet future business requirements.
- Process owner for all maintenance and engineering procedures, ensuring regulatory and audit compliance.
- Responsible for maintenance and engineering performance – monitored through applicable KPIs as to asset integrity / reliability and budget delivery.
- Manage COMAH compliance and implementation of overarching COMAH improvement plan. Key contact with the CA.
- Advise as necessary on Process Safety Management, Environmental and Security issues.
- Ensure all site activities are controlled using suitable management systems and are compliant with COMAH regulations, such as MOC, HAZOP/HAZID, LOPA and other quantitative or qualitative risk assessment techniques.
- Work closely with cross functional colleagues at all levels to deliver change and development, promoting a positive HSSEQ business culture.
- Lead on emergency response issues, with focus on scenario setting and training.
- Strong leadership, communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to build rapport with team colleagues and develop a genuine relationship of mutual respect.
- Hands-on manager, who leads by example.
- Imaginative and creative approach to problem solving, strategic analysis and application.
- Capable of thinking laterally, flexibly and effectively under pressure.
- Chartered Engineer (preferable) or time-served engineering qualification.
- Maintaining a COMAH site in a petrochemical environment.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of COMAH regulations and Safety Management Systems.
- Delivery of civil and process engineering CAPEX projects
- Process implementation for compliance with regulatory requirements.
Performance Measurement Criteria:
- Adhering to Adherence to project and maintenance and inspection schedules whilst observing spend budgets.
- Development and delivery against time schedule and budget of expansionary CAPEX projects
- Lost production due to asset downtime.
- Timely and effective satisfaction of COMAH legal actions.
- HSE risk mitigation and elimination of incidents, accidents, and near-misses.