Head Chef – Gastropub
Live In available
Location: Billericay Essex
Salary: £28,000 to £32,000pa
Sector: Catering & Hospitality
Job Reference: MP902375
Our client is an amazing gastro pub that is part of a forever-growing, well-known brand of independent pubs & restaurants in Essex.
They are looking for a new head chef that has the experience to take control of the kitchen and is keen to express their personality in the food offering. They have bespoke menu’s that give you the freedom to create new seasonal dishes that your customers will love.
With support from the management team and their own development chef, you will be eased into the role ensuring all company standards and requirements are met.
There is an option to live above the pub in the well-kept three bedroom flat they have above the pub. As this is a remote site, you will not be able to get there by public transport. If you are not looking to live in, you will need your own form of transport.
Head chef with a team of eight to manage.
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Approve and “polish” dishes before they reach the customer
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Arrange for repairs when necessary
- Remedy any problems or defects
- Be fully in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
- Oversee the work of subordinates
- Estimate staff’s workload and compensations
- Maintain records of payroll and attendance
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
- Be reliable, punctual and self-motivate
- Have a great attitude and strong work ethic
- Experience in a similar role is desirable
- A good understanding of the Italian culture and language will be a desired bonus with our client.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- All food safety, health, and hygiene up to date with certificates.
Due to the high response received for some vacancies, we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position, please contact Matt Paternoster at Adore Recruitment.
Offered Salary£20,000 - £30,000