Head Chef (Italian Restaurant)
Location: Leigh on Sea
Sector: Catering & Hospitality
Job Reference: MP878595
Languages required – Fluent Italian is a preference
Our client is an authentic Italian company that has several restaurants across Essex, with bags of atmosphere and delicious food and wine, served by attentive, professional staff.
Dining in Leigh-on-Sea is a real pleasure. We cater for a wide range of people and we’re proud so many customers come back to dine with us time after time.
Enjoy authentic Traditional Pizza and Pasta dishes and plenty more such as our popular Avocado Tarantina (Avocado Salad, Prawns, White Crab Meat, creamy Rose Marie Sauce) to Medaglionia alla Piemontese (Scotch Fillets of Beef Medallions, Wild Mushrooms in a Red Wine & Cream demi glaze, Sautéed Potatoes).
Head chef with a small team to manage.
• Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
• Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
• Approve and “polish” dishes before they reach the customer
• Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
• Arrange for repairs when necessary
• Remedy any problems or defects
• Be fully in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
• Oversee the work of subordinates
• Estimate staff’s workload and compensations
• Maintain records of payroll and attendance
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co worker
• Be reliable, punctual and self-motivate
• Have a great attitude and strong work ethic
• Experience with fresh Italian food is essential
• A good understanding of the Italian culture and language will be a desired bonus with our client
• Previous experience in a similar role
• All food safety and health and hygiene up to date with certificates
Due to the high response received for some vacancies we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position please contact Matt Paternoster at Adore Recruitment.
Offered Salary£20,000 - £30,000