Head Chef – Restaurant/Bar
Sector: Catering & Hospitality
Job Reference: MP916521
Are you a Head Chef looking for a new challenge and keen in developing a newly refurbished restaurant.
Then look no further as we have this opportunity available in the heart of Chelmsford, Essex.
Our client is a newly refurbished restaurant that is part of a forever-growing, well-known brand of independent pubs & restaurants in Essex.
This particular site is a new brand to the family tree and is predominantly a wet led environment.
However we are looking for an experienced head chef that is hoping to change this stunning sports venue to a go to place for good food as well as the local’s favorite drinks.
With support from the management team and their own development chef, you will be eased into the role ensuring all company standards and requirements are met.
Head chef with a small team to manage.
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Approve and “polish” dishes before they reach the customer
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Arrange for repairs when necessary
- Remedy any problems or defects
- Be fully in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
- Oversee the work of subordinates
- Estimate staff’s workload and compensations
- Maintain records of payroll and attendance
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
- Be reliable, punctual and self-motivate
- Have a great attitude and strong work ethic
- Experience in a similar role is desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- All food safety, health, and hygiene up to date with certificates.
Due to the high response received for some vacancies, we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position, please contact Matt Paternoster at Adore Recruitment.
Offered Salary£20,000 - £30,000