Head Chef – Restaurant
Location: Billericay, Essex
Salary: £36-40,000 DOE + Bonus + Tips
Sector: Catering & Hospitality
Job Reference: SCHC89764
Our client is an independent, top quality and well known (and loved) Restaurant in Billericay.
They are looking for a new head chef that has the experience to take control of the kitchen and is keen to express their personality in the food offering. The food is fine quality, and they have bespoke menu’s that give you the freedom to create new seasonal dishes that your customers will love.
Our client is open to experienced chefs from any background that can make this kitchen and menu their own, bring in new ideas. You might also bring in your own team. This role is Head chef with a team of four to manage.
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Approve and “polish” dishes before they reach the customer
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Arrange for repairs when necessary
- Remedy any problems or defects
- Be fully in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
- Oversee the work of the kitchen staff
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
- Be reliable, punctual and self-motivate
- Have a great attitude and strong work ethic
- Experience in a similar role is desirable
- All food safety, health, and hygiene up to date with certificates.
Due to the high response received for some vacancies, we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position, please contact Sam at Adore Recruitment.
Offered Salary£30,000 - £50,000