Head of Compliance
Salary: £100,000 – £120,000 (Annual Gross)
Job Reference: CM935823
Our client, a reputable and thriving financial organisation based in the City is currently recruiting for an experienced Head of Compliance Officer.
- Be the dedicated point of contact with the FCA and other regulatory authorities.
- Act as an adviser to the firm’s Board of Directors in relation to current and forthcoming rules and regulations
- Appropriately monitor the clients’ on-boarding and ongoing business relationships as well as the respective processes and procedures and ensure that the relevant employees are fully informed and trained on KYC and AML requirements.
- Review and recommend changes, as required from time to time, to the firm’s current internal practices, policies, procedures and controls to ensure compliance with (among others) the FCA’s principles
- Respond to both internal and external compliance enquiries (including client complaints) following a proper investigation and oversee the resolution of such enquiries
- Review and approve financial promotions (where necessary) and provide training and guidance to the Marketing Department’s employees on promotions, client communications etc.
- Responsible for the prompt submission of any ongoing and ad-hoc FCA returns/ filings and other notifications to regulatory authorities
- Implement a training and competence programme for the firm’s employees, focusing on compliance and anti-money laundering (including financial crime)
- Investigate promptly any suspicious activities (including money laundering/financing of terrorism instances) and ensure that these are reported accordingly
- Oversee and/or collaborate with the relevant business units on compliance and anti-money laundering in regard to the firm’s operations
- University degree in a related field
- At least 5 years of compliance experience, ideally within the financial services sector
- Knowledge of the applicable Regulatory Compliance framework is a must
- Knowledge and ability to interpret and apply (among others) the provisions of the FCA Handbook and Joint Money Laundering Steering Group
Due to the high response received for some vacancies, we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position, please contact Claire Murrell at Adore Recruitment.
Adore Commercial is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in commercial recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Sales Administrator, Call Centre Agent, Customer Service Specialist, PA/Secretarial, Receptionist Service Co – ordinator, Operations Assistant, Productions Administrator, Import/Export Clerk, Finance Manager, Compliance Assistant, Event Managers, Procurement/Purchasing and Facilities Manager. We are acting as an employment business/agency.