Job Type Head of Engineering
Job Reference: LA981871
The UK’s Premier Karting Venues with unrivalled hospitality facilities.
An amazing opportunity has become available for a Head of Engineering Manager to join the best outdoor go-kart venue in the South of England.
This incredible venue attracts huge numbers of celebrities & motorsports enthusiasts, from go-karting beginners to serious enthusiasts alike, keen to experience its challenging courses.
You will be responsible for managing all engineering functions for the venue in line with statutory and company policy/ guidelines.
- To take responsibility in all matters relating to technical and safety aspects of the venue’s engineering facility. To supervise the team of mechanics to ensure that vehicles are available to meet the needs of the business to the standards required.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health & safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies, and general duty of care.
- The post holder must respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in line with the Data Protection Act.
- To be always responsible for the repair and maintenance of the engineering area(s) whilst ensuring that authorisation is obtained by the Financial Director & the CEO prior to spend or remedial works being carried out. Comparable quotes must also be obtained for labour and material and submitted for authorisation purpose.
- The post holder must accept responsibility for ensuring that the policies and procedures relating to Health & Safety in the workplace are always adhered to.
- To ensure that at all times the job holder has a full awareness of the company’s customer care goals and to use their best endeavours to ensure they are implemented through their own actions and attitude, by example, entering into the team spirit, having a friendly, approachable and polite manner and anticipating customer’s requirements.
- The post holder is directly responsible to the venue manager and must consult with them in regard of all major issues and changes.
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff by ensuring that the engineering team is motivated to carry out their duties to the very best of their ability so that high standards of safety, cleanliness and tidiness are achieved.
- Monitor performance (in relevant areas) according to agreed standards and take necessary action to motivate/communicate/advise/assist team in accordance with performance levels in conjunction with the HRD.
- To ensure an efficient use of staffing levels to enable the venue to operate to the highest level in conjunction with the venue management Manager.
- To participate in a duty rota that ensures that a member of the Engineering Team is always on site when there is any on or off-track activity. In addition, the rota will reflect the need for early starts and late finishes as required by the needs of the business.
- To ensure that the team shift system is operational ensuring that every member of the team does an equal amount of early/late shifts
- The post holder must always carry out their responsibilities with due regard to the organisations Equal Opportunities statement.
- To ensure the team provides a safe and smooth service to all activity operations seven days per week.
- Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets and to actively participate in forecasting and financial reporting as required.
- To be responsible for the operation of the stores system and be responsible for keeping stock up to a minimum level to maintain the vehicles.
- To ensure the workshop is clean and properly always maintained.
- To ensure that all worksheets and company records are completed in an accurate and timely manner and up to date as the work is completed.
- To ensure that any paperwork is processed in accordance with the correct procedures and completed neatly and accurately to ensure that due diligence practices are complied with.
- To ensure that all vehicles are maintained to manufacturers specification or an internal specification (if set).
- To ensure that the appropriate maintenance and repairs are carried out on the company vehicles as required.
- To ensure that the correct number of vehicles are present at the required location or activity in a clean and serviceable condition as determined by the needs of the business.
- To ensure that when appropriate the company complies with all its contractual obligations with any manufacturer supplier of vehicles or other components.
To ensure that all equipment and machinery provided for your use is:
- Used as per the manufacturer’s instructions
- Used in conjunction with the appropriate safety clothing/protection
- Stored in a safe place when not in use
- Maintained on a regular basis with faults correctly
- To help as far as is practicable possible to assist with any other reasonable requested duties that are required for the smooth running of the venue and company
- A self-driven and results oriented person with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- An eye for detail is essential and a pride in their work that is projected to the whole team
- Well presented, friendly and professional
- Keen for new experiences, responsibility, and accountability
- Able to communicate with others and be a team player
Specific Job Skills:
- Mechanical experience is essential as is a basic understanding of engineering principles.
- Must be able to understand the importance of correct maintenance and the need to ensure this is correctly recorded
- A basic concept of stock and budget control will be required
- Should be able to communicate and motivate via verbal and written media
- Must have people management skills and be able to communicate clearly with suppliers
- Familiarity with nature of business
For more information on this position please contact Lisa at Adore Recruitment.
Offered Salary£20,000 - £30,000