Job Type HGV Class 1 Driver
Sector: Freight forwarding
Leading Freight forwarding and Logistics Company based in Basildon that offer bespoke first class shipping services to clients around the world.
Our LGV Drivers do more than a ‘driving job’. It’s about ensuring our customers get the best impression of our organisation. You are the ‘face’ of our business, not just our delivery driver. It’s all about making a good impression with your appearance, manner and the look of your vehicle. Ensuring goods are delivered in a first class condition, completing all necessary paperwork and above all, leaving everyone you meet with a really positive impression of you and the business
- Ensure with Transport Manager and Loader that the load is correct against the customers’ orders.
- Supervise the loading of the vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage.
- Check goods off with Customers and obtain signature and print.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Carry out multi-drop deliveries in a timely manner and drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law.
- Drive within the tachograph law and driver hours limits.
- Complete vehicle daily inspection sheet and give to Transport Manager.
- To provide support in the Yard as required by the Transport Manager.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the Company Standards of Performance and Health and Safety Policy.
- High levels of Health and Safety standards.
- Numerate and literate.
- Current CPC and digital TACO Card.
- Excellent verbal communication and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Customers and Co-Workers
Due to the high response received for some vacancies we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position please contact Sammie at Adore Recruitment.
Offered Salary£25,000 - £35,000