Job Type Import Clerk
Location: Stanford le hope
Job Reference: LA981891
Are you an experienced Import Customs Clerk with the ability to build relationships with clients on all Custom Issues / Trainee Clerk looking for a position within an organisation that will provide coaching, cross-training and continuous improvement?
Adore Recruitment are partnering with a Global Freight and Logistics service provider offering road freight, airfreight, sea freight, rail freight, inland waterway, logistics, customs clearance, e-commerce, and other value-added services
They are currently looking for Import Custom clerks to join their team who deal with multi modal customs operations from start to finish.
Duties of the Import Customs Clerk:
- Establish an effective collaborative relationship with the Operational team and maintain communication with customers on all customs issues.
- Provide accurate documentation check to ensure compliance to new and existing government legislation
- Monitor arrivals and prepare documentation for entry submission.
- Submit Import declarations via ASM Sequoia
- Monitor any applicable declarations subject to HMRC checks, port health, examination, documentation checks etc and liaise with relevant Government departments to ensure timely release.
- Submit post entry amendments where applicable and maintain team post entry amendment log.
- Support and contribute to branch P&L monthly reporting.
- Recent experience of working in a customs brokerage environment. Inclusive of entry
- submission to chief via ASM or similar customs software provider.
- Knowledge of the HMRC Tariff for a diverse range of product types.
- Understanding of various customs procedures.
- Ability to adapt to arrivals encompassing various transport modes
- Experience of using port community systems CNS & Destin8
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work with line manager on HMRC ad hoc requirements, procedures, audits etc.
- Intermediate computer literacy and knowledge of software, such as Word, Excel.
If you are looking for your next opportunity to work for a highly professional and respected company, where results are rewarded well and be part of a global network of driven and dynamic individuals then APPLY NOW!
Offered Salary£20,000 - £30,000