Location: Harlow, Essex
Salary: Depending on experience
Position Type: Permanent
Job Reference: LA907455
A fantastic opportunity has opened up for an Import/Export Procurement reporting directly to the Import/Export Manager.
You will have a wealth of experience of import and exports procurement systems and processes particularly overseas, ideally within the solar energy manufacturing sector. You will also have experience purchasing product within the EU and the UK.
Job responsibilities include:
- Procurement and selection of new products and components required for design and production of specific international projects and contracts
- Processing stock purchase orders and pricing, within strict timelines
- Experience of JIT stock availability to support production orders
- Ability to source requests from the R & D Department to support the Identification of the latest technological products and ranges to enhance our product offering
- Supporting the scheduling by the R & D Department and In-House Engineering teams for new product testing and evaluation to meet current requirements and directives
- Participating in viewing all goods inward quality control reports, new product evaluation reports, warranty reports and making company decisions as to next course of action
- Good understanding of stock obsoletions awareness of hazardous goods regulations and electrical waste WEEE processes
- Managing the flow of new products from import through to production
- Selection of inbound shipping agencies and suppliers to support the import/export processes
- Obtaining the correct and accurate import/export compliance documentation, ensuring reporting is completed on a timely basis for both suppliers/customers and HM Customs and Excise in conjunction with other internal departments
- Assessment of supplier performance on a regular basis to assess quality and conformance against key indicators
Due to the high response, if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
For more information on this position or any other roles, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Please note, you will be required to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.