Kitchen Assistant – Part time
Sector: Catering & Hospitality
Job Reference: MP887323
Our client is a large dynamic, independent civil engineering company with over 25 years’ experience in every aspect of traditional and contemporary civil engineering work. In their brand new office on the outskirts of Chelmsford they are looking for a kitchen assistant to support their internal chef for their staff meals. Breakfast and lunch covers will be around 40/50 a day with all fresh food and bespoke weekly menus.
This opportunity is perfect for an experienced kitchen porter that wants to develop their chef’s skills or for someone who is looking for a good hourly wage between school runs. This role is Monday to Friday, 10am to 3pm and is offering a wage of £9ph plus holiday and company benefits such as access to their gym and other internal facilities.
Kitchen Assistant to join a small team
- To make sure the kitchen and dining area is clean and clear throughout the day
- To ensure all plates, pots, pans and cutlery is cleaned using the pot wash machine provided
- Follow all food hygiene, security and safety procedures
- Ensure food storage and preparation areas are maintained
- Prepare sandwiches, rolls, baguettes, salads and wraps
- A current food hygiene or safety certification would be helpful but it’s not essential as training can be provided
- Be reliable, punctual and self-motivate
- Have a great attitude and strong work ethic
- Previous experience in a kitchen or general assistant role
- Bubbly and energetic attitude and good interaction with guests
- Good time keeping and communication
- To be able to finish the work load in the timeframe provided
Due to the high response received for some vacancies we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position please contact Matt Paternoster at Adore Recruitment.
Hourly Rate£9.00 per hour