Lecturer in Professional Technical Construction
Location: Colchester, Essex
Salary: Up To £36,000 per annum
Position Type: Permanent
Job Reference: KB864761
Lecturer in Professional Technical Construction is required for a leading institute with sites throughout Essex.
The ideal candidate will be able to teach a range of further education and higher education subjects associated with construction technology, CAD, building surveying, building regulations and other construction related area from BTEC L3 Diploma to HND Construction Management within the Professional and Technical provision.
You will be able to undertake course leadership and curriculum development duties within the department.
- To prepare teaching/learning materials
- To conduct teaching/learning activities appropriate to the needs of individual students, courses and the curriculum, keeping attendance records and maintaining student discipline
- To set, mark and record relevant coursework and assessments
- To counsel and guide students in respect of their academic progress and, as appropriate, their pastoral concerns and needs and making referrals to specialist services as appropriate; contributing to student reports and references as required
- To contribute to the work of subject and programme teams, committees and boards, as appropriate
- To, at all times, maintain high expectations of learners work, commitment, and behaviour, taking action to ensure the highest of standards are met
- To continuously evaluate and improve the quality of learning and teaching within your sessions utilising and engaging with the college’s development and observation programmes
- To contribute to the development of curricula and specialist facilities within the department
- To maintain and extend links with external organisations as appropriate
- To participate in the colleges performance and development review scheme
- To develop and update personal professional expertise in the relevant subject areas
- To apply and actively promote the colleges Safeguarding, Prevent and Health and Safety Policies
- A HND or equivalent level 5 qualification in a construction related subject
- Maths and English GCSE grades 9-4 (or equivalent)
- Willingness to work towards a recognised teaching qualification
- Recent construction related experience in either site or office based environment with the understanding of the skills required in the teaching professional courses
- OR, recent experience in education linked to construction technician and professional courses
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD and BIM techniques
Our client offers fantastic benefits including; travel expenses/discounts, qualifications funding support, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme and other discounts.
Due to the high response, if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
For more information on this position or any other roles, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Please note, you will be required to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
Adore Engineering and Construction is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in Engineering and Construction recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Skilled Trades & Labour, Estimators, Quality Engineers, CNC Operatives, Mechanical Fitter, Electrical Engineers, Automotive Engineers, Maintenance Engineers/FM, HVAC Engineers, Design (CAD) Engineers and Health and Safety Consultants. We are acting as an employment business/specialist agency.
Offered Salary£30,000 - £50,000