Marketing Manager – Consumer Events
Salary: £25-28k per annum + Bonus
Job Reference: SC906775
Are you looking for a marketing role within the exhibition / event sector?
Do you want to work for a market-leading consumer events company?
All candidates applying for this role must have experience within the events/exhibition sector
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, confident and experienced Marketing and Social Media Guru to join our client, a leading Consumer Events Company. Our client is currently looking for a Marketing Manager that can promote their extensive portfolio of events by developing and managing new ideas including digital presence through social media, web and extensive email marketing.
To be successful in the role you need to be able to demonstrate experience in successfully promoting a portfolio of events and/or exhibitions. This includes content, blogs and news feeds all of which is regularly updated. You need to have the knowledge, creativity and experience to bring new, and develop current concepts to increase both visitor and exhibitor numbers for the business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The day to day deliverables and process for the marketing function from cycle start to end.
- Create detailed marketing and audience-development plan for each exhibition in collaboration with content and sales team – editorial/programming, sponsorship and strategy
- Own the marketing timeline, including development cycles, campaign activities and lead times, updating and reporting on all projects to the team
- Develop and manage timelines during planning and execution phases and ensure project milestones are met
- Oversee development of all marketing materials – production of copy /document preparation and proof reading
- Execute direct mail and e-mail programmes, as well as social-media initiatives
- Oversee development of each event website and registration system
The successful applicant will:
- A solid understanding of marketing strategy and how this is applied to exhibitions, with a successful track record of planning and implementing marketing campaigns, balancing traditional vs digital vs fully integrated approaches
- High level knowledge of database segmentation, data profiling, marketing automation, community segmentation as well as an understanding of GDPR and its requirements and implications
- Lead generation and conversion experience, sales pipeline management and analysis
- Strong marketing leadership instilling creative but metric-driven culture
- “Digital marketing” excellence, specifically, email expertise, targeting a mobile oriented audience, integrated social media, and the use of PPC and SEO
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Analysing and reporting on marketing metrics, using findings to improve current campaigns
- A broad understanding of website CMSs to control copy/image changes
- Energetic, enthusiastic, confident, and self-motivated
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hard working and honest with a ‘can do attitude’
This role will ideally suit a creative marketer who has proven ability in and a passion for consumer event marketing. You will attend the events and be the promotional front of the business, liaising with press/PR.
In addition, you will need be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Able to work on your own initiative
- Deliver new ideas
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Organised and methodical
- Experience of Adobe InDesign
A Degree in Marketing/Digital Marketing is preferred but not essential, it’s more important that you have a passion for what you do and can bring new ideas to the business.
Interested? Please apply immediately! apply now quoting ref SC906775
Due to the high response received for some vacancies, we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position, please contact Sam at Adore Recruitment.
Offered Salary£20,000 - £30,000