Operations Field Support Technician
Location: Essex and Midlands
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum
Position Type: Permanent
Job Reference: LA922417
7:30am until 16:30pm with flexibility for business requirements plus on call rota (one in four).
Our client is looking for an exciting new opportunity and are looking for an enthusiastic candidate who will be able to support the UK and Global business as an Operations Field Support Technician. The successful candidate will be report to the Electrical Engineer and will be responsible for support the Operations team in complex fault diagnosis on Reciprocating Engines, Generators, Electrical distribution systems, Gas Plant and Ancillary equipment used in the 24/7 operations of a landfill power station.
The successful candidate will be required keep the Electrical Engineer fully aware of all activities being undertaken on their sites and to work closely with the operational teams to meet the requirements of the site expectations.
Qualifications and Experience
- A significant knowledge of Plant Maintenance, HV / LV Electrical distribution systems and Operations gained in a heavy engineering industry such as Renewable Energy, Power Generation, Petrochemical, Marine Engineering (Royal Navy) or Chemical Production, with a strong electrical / electronic background
- A time severed apprentice with a recognised qualification in an appropriate engineering subject such as a NVQ Level 3 / HNC / HND is preferred but qualifications, skills and suitable experience below this will be taken into account
- Proven experience of fault finding and repairs on electrical, electronic and control system
- Ability to read and understand electrical technical drawings
- An understanding of computer-based maintenance management systems. Such as Pronto, SAP, JDE, Maximo
- Experience with operational systems, such as Bailey / SCADA, CITEC, processes
- Experience and relevant competence in HV switching, instructions and supervision would be an advantage, but not necessary as training will be given
- Understanding of process control systems, PLC’s etc.
- Ability to carry out both industrial and office installation work and any routine electrical jobs
- Ability to conduct RCA and complete technical reports
- Flexible attitude to varying requirements to suit the business needs and ability to learn
- Able to lead by example and motivate co-workers
- Self-motivated and able to plan own work
- Team orientated approach along with an ability to work autonomously
- Computer literate, able to use MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Access data bases
- Experience with fault diagnosis to root cause on Duetz, Caterpillar and Jenbacher gas engines would be an extreme advantage
- Full driving licence
Due to the high response, if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
For more information on this position or any other roles, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Please note, you will be required to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
Adore Engineering and Construction is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in Engineering and Construction recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Skilled Trades & Labour, Estimators, Quality Engineers, CNC Operatives, Mechanical Fitter, Electrical Engineers, Automotive Engineers, Maintenance Engineers/FM, HVAC Engineers, Design (CAD) Engineers and Health and Safety Consultants. We are acting as an employment business/specialist agency.
Offered Salary£30,000 - £50,000