£45-£50k dependent on experience + Bens
Job Reference: SC79897955
Are you looking to work for an established, thriving, independent company that’s growing despite the current climate?!
Our Client is a manufacturer within the Engineering sector, supplying specialist niche products across the UK and Europe to key sectors including construction, and oil & gas. This is a growing market and the company has seen growth over the last few years and has been unaffected by the current economic downturn.
They are currently looking for an operations manager to join the busy team. The Operations Manager will be responsible for the whole manufacturing process within the business. This encompasses all operations, from the point that a customer order is passed to production, and will ultimately be the responsibility of the OPS manager (goods in/out, facility management, supply-chain management, manufacturing & all related staff).
This role is to join and run a successful, developed team and whilst the processes in place have come about organically (and are profitable), the operations manager will need experience of a similar role/environment in order to cast a fresh pair of eyes on the manufacturing processes to identify improvements.
This company is growing and need some additional expertise, ideas and forward thinking.
The ideal candidate MUST
- Have Management Experience – you must be able to explain examples of your ability to manage people, to have compassion but also not afraid of conflict management, in order to be able to get the best out of people.
- Have a Positive, can-do attitude
- Be a Problem solver – the ability to take responsibility for finding solutions, not excuses
- Work Autonomously, this role reports to the Directors so you won’t need daily hand holding
- Have strong work ethic
- Demonstrate understanding of Quality management (ISO9001:2015)
- Hold the ability to work methodically under pressure – The dynamic nature of this business requires multi-tasking (lots of spinning plates).
- Have Supply chain experience – Various materials required for the products we make, some on long lead times
- Be Commercially minded – Understanding of profit & loss, and its impact on the business. The owners are more ‘sales’ oriented with a strong focus on customer service. As such, this places certain demands on the production team to pull out all the stops where possible to meet requirement
The following would be advantageous
- Experience of implementing process improvements
- Understanding of mechanical engineering
- Understanding of industrial pipework
- Experience of CNC
This is a forward thinking, growing environment and is ideal for an ambitious Operations Manager looking to take the challenge of assisting business growth. As the business grows the rewards will be endless.
This is a position that is interviewing asap, for someone to start asap. To be considered for this role or to discuss this opportunity please APPLY NOW.
Due to the high response received for some vacancies we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
Offered Salary£30,000 - £50,000