Salary: £18,000 to £26,000pa
Sector: Catering & Hospitality
Job Reference: MP884687
Our client is a well-known 4* hotel & spa in Essex that offers a 5* service and standard to their guests. They have a large number of weddings booked every year as they are one of the best wedding venues in Essex.
Our client is looking for a number of chefs but are key to hire a strong pastry chef or two commis pastry chefs on a permanent basis to join their large team of chefs. This venue has a number of events on every day and have 4 kitchens to accommodate their busy restaurant, café and events spaces.
Pastry Chef – Pastry chefs of all levels
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your speciality
- Managing and training any junior pastry or commis chefs working with you
- Helping the sous chef and head chefto develop new dishes and menus
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- Ensuring all pastry dishes are cooked/served to company standard and spec
Someone who’s got bags of stamina and enjoys the fast pace of working in a kitchen. You also need to be able to stay calm and work as part of a team during a frenetic service. As head of your section you need to be confident enough to manage the commis chefs working with you – and to give them clear instructions.
- Great cooking skills
- A calm and open approach to new menus and busy service
- The ability to delegate appropriately
- Organisation Flair
- A grasp of profit margins
- A hunger to develop your career
- Precise eye for detail
Due to the high response received for some vacancies we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position, please contact Matt Paternoster at Adore Recruitment.
Adore Catering & Hospitality is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in Catering & Hospitality recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include all front of house hospitality roles and back of house catering roles with the addition to housekeeping for hotels. We are acting as an employment business/agency.
Offered Salary£20,000 - £30,000