Location: Basildon, Essex
Permanent (39 hours a week)
Sector: Catering & Hospitality
Job Reference: MP926263
Our client is part of a well-known brand within a large chain of hotels that operate across the UK.
They are looking to recruit a reception supervisor to oversee the team of receptionists that they have and to support the reception manager.
2 weeks full training provided with the hotel management system upon a successful job offer.
Typical working work will be 5 out of 7 days with the following shift patterns in place.
Early shift – 6.30am to 3pm
Late shift – 2.30pm to 11pm
There is also options for night shifts for overtime once trained.
If successful, you will be entitled to 50% off the company’s hotels, which operate across the globe along with one meal provided per shift and additional company benefits.
The Ideal receptionist will have experience in a busy hotel on reception and preferably experience with Opera or Brilliant which is their hotel management system.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the reception
- Ensure service standards are consistently exceptional
- Supervise a small team of receptionist
- Train, coach and support the team
- Liaise with all departments
- Duty management shifts as and when required
- Drive sales, promote services and support the team with up-sells
- Works well under pressure
- Work well in a team as well as be able to use your own initiative
- Must have at least one year’s previous hotel Reception Supervisory experience within Front Office or two years as a strong Receptionist
- Must be computer literate with OPERA PMS ideally
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills ensuring great attention to detail at all times
- Genuine interest in people, must be able to exceed guest expectations
- Strong team player with excellent communications skills (spoken and written)
- You must be outgoing, bubbly and have a real passion for your role as a receptionist
- Be reliable, punctual and self-motivate
- Have a great attitude and strong work ethic
- Previous experience in a similar role if preferred but not essential
- Have excellent communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English is essential
- Be flexible with regards to working patterns including weekends and school holidays
Due to the high response received for some vacancies we regret that we are sometimes unable to reply to all applicants. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information on this position please contact Matt Paternoster at Adore Recruitment.