Safety, Health & Environmental Supervisor
Location: Grays, Essex
Salary: Depending on experience
Position Type: Permanent
Sector: Health and Safety
Job Reference: LA893426
Our client is looking for a Safety, Health and Environmental Supervisor to provide a highly visible, continuous Safety, Health and Environmental presence on the terminal to control Major Accident Hazards.
Job Purpose and Objectives
- To provide a highly visible SHE department presence on site
- To support the Terminal SHE Manager in their duties
- Create within the terminal a positive Health & Safety awareness and attitude
- Competent, safe and accurate completion of all allocated tasks is required to maintain the quality performance of the Company
- To ensure Customer demands related to SHE matters are satisfactorily achieved
- Support the SHE Manager in liaising with HSE, Environment Agency, Emergency Planning Unit and Local Authority
- Assist in ensuring that staff work to the site procedures and in line with the UK Safety Management Systems
- Support the SHE Manager in leading the terminal safety effort and liaising with staff in non-operational disciplines to ensure that all agreed procedures are implemented
- Provide assistance to the SHE Manager in developing and implementing Safety Management Systems.
- Deputise for the SHE Manager as appropriate
- Ensure the completion of Safety Inspections, Risk Assessments, PPE Assessments, RPE Assessments, COSHH, Assessments, Display Screen Assessments, Manual Handling Assessments
- Ensure that all on site portable fire equipment, safety equipment and portable gas detection equipment is adequately inspected and maintained
- Assess product with regard to safety, classification and licences
- Co-operate with technical and other staff in the management of contractors including: production of Permit to Work, Method Statements, Risk Assessments and identifying all hazards
- Participate in Safety Audits and Safety Observation Rounds
- Ensure site policies and procedures on security are adhered too.
- Give due consideration to the safe movement of product
- Conduct accident investigations as required
- Encourage and review near miss reporting
- Encourage, communicate and support the role of Representatives of Employee Safety (ROES)
- Any other tasks that may arise in the day-to-day functionality of this position
Required Education and Experience
- NEBOSH General Certificate – required
- Membership of Institute of Occupational Safety & Health
- Active involvement in IOSH Continued Personnel Development Programme
- NVQ Level 3 Management- desirable
Due to the high response, if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
For more information on this position or any other roles, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Please note, you will be required to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
Adore Engineering and Construction is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in Engineering and Construction recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Skilled Trades & Labour, Estimators, Quality Engineers, CNC Operatives, Mechanical Fitter, Electrical Engineers, Automotive Engineers, Maintenance Engineers/FM, HVAC Engineers, Design (CAD) Engineers and Health and Safety Consultants. We are acting as an employment business/specialist agency.