Location: Purfleet, Essex
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Job Reference: DW894006
Shift patterns for this role will be any 5 days from 7, on a 6-2 or 2-10 shift (earlies and afternoons).
Our client is looking for an experienced Transport Coordinator who will be reporting to the Transport Manager. The Transport Coordinator will be responsible for monitoring routes, dispatching deliveries, fleet and driver’s hour’s compliance, de – briefing at end of shift and resource utilisation.
- Assist in the daily running of the transport operation by completing all administrative and legislative tasks required to maintain performance of the operation
- To conduct driver debriefing of all Home Delivery technicians to an acceptable standard and to ensure that all key accountabilities and processes are audited after every shift
- To liaise with other departments to ensure all delayed departures and/or deliveries are clearly communicated to relevant area
- To despatch and debrief multiple teams in a busy office environment, and to instruct according to operational requirements and schedule adherence
- Accurate completion of daily transport paperwork in-line with company policy and procedures
- Collation & input of statistical information for various Transport reports
- Liaising with other Distribution Centres/departments within the site and the wider contract
- Assist with the management of vehicle defects through the VOR process
- Support the Transport Manager in driving a culture of customer service and cost efficiency
Experience and Qualifications
- Have experience within a busy operational office environment
- Experience in a transport environment and knowledge of legislation relating to drivers & LGV / HGV’s is key
- Excellent communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- Positive and flexible attitude to work
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to work flexible shifts, across 7 days
- Strong attention to detail to ensure documentation is correct and error free
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines
- PC Literate
Due to the high response, if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
For more information, please contact Daniel Wells at Adore Recruitment.
Please note, you will be required to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
Adore Industrial is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in Industrial recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Picker Packer, Forklift Driver, Drivers Mates, Warehouse Security, Refuse Collector, General Labourer, Warehouse Operative, Industrial Cleaner, Assembly Operative, Production Worker, Stock Controller, Warehouse Supervisor, Operations Manager and General Manager. We are acting as an employment business/agency.
Offered Salary£20,000 - £30,000