Upholstery Sewing Machinist
Location: Southend – On – Sea, Essex
Salary: £8.75 per hour
Job Reference: SGW891155
Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm
Our client is a vibrant British Upholstery Manufacturer, and is looking for an experienced Upholstery Sewing Machinist.
With impressive expansion plans, the company is really going places and they are looking for people who want to be part of that growth. They have a clear vision to grow, and they know that good people are the building blocks to this, that is why they are investing in their future and planning for expansion.
Working as part of a team, the Sewing Machine Operator will use their technical knowledge to effectively sew cushions, covers and other items to a high standard using the prescribed patterns and equipment.
You will be comfortable working to time deadlines, and have excellent attention to detail along with good time management. You are a team player who likes working with others but is equally comfortable working alone. You will adaptable and flexible in your approach to work with good manual dexterity and excellent hand/eye co-ordination.
Main duties include:
- Receive pre-cut material and use sewing machine to sew items together
- Match material into correct sequence before sewing to ensure patterns match and errors are reduced
- Monitor machine operation to detect problems such as defective stitching, breaks in thread or machine malfunctions
- Inspect items and ensure that they match the required template
- Select supplies such as zips and threads according to job requirements
- Ensure equipment maintenance such as replacement needles and cleaning or oiling sewing machine
- Examine and measure finished articles to ensure that they conform to required standards
- Take on board feedback from Supervisor and make appropriate changes where necessary to ensure effective ways of working
- Adhere to all Health and Safety standards and take responsibility for good housekeeping in your area
- Ensure quality standards are met at all times and errors are kept to a minimum
- Work as a team with other team members and provide additional support during quieter times
Due to the high response, if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details and notify you of any other opportunities.
For more information, please contact Sammie Williams at Adore Recruitment.
Please note, you will be required to provide your eligibility to work in the UK.
Adore Industrial is part of the Adore Recruitment group and specialises in Industrial recruitment across the UK. Some of our key sectors include Picker Packer, Forklift Driver, Drivers Mates, Warehouse Security, Refuse Collector, General Labourer, Warehouse Operative, Industrial Cleaner, Assembly Operative, Production Worker, Stock Controller, Warehouse Supervisor, Operations Manager and General Manager. We are acting as an employment business/agency.
Hourly Rate£8.75 per hour